Phenoxymethylpenicillin is a type of penicillin. It’s an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections, including ear, chest, throat and skin infections.
Reasons For Inclusion
- If you have tonsillar exudates
- If you have tender anterior cervical adenopathy
- If you have an absence of a cough
Reasons For Exclusions
- You have renal failure
- You take any of the following medications: Bacteriostatic antibiotics such as tetracycline, erythromycin, chloramphenicol and sulphonamides, Methotrexate, Neomycin, Potassium-containing drugs, Potassium sparing-diuretics
- You are on a low potassium diet.