Doxycycline is an antibiotic, It’s used to treat infections such as chest infections, skin infections, rosacea, dental infections and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), as well as a lot of other rare infections. It can also be used to prevent malaria if you’re travelling abroad.
- For most infections, you’ll start to feel better in a few days but it is important to finish the course of medicine.
- The most common side effects of doxycycline are headaches, feeling or being sick. It can also make your skin sensitive to the sun.
- Doxycycline can affect growing teeth so it’s not prescribed for children under 12 years old or given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking doxycycline. There are also some common medicines you should not mix with it.
- Doxycycline can also be called by the brand name Vibramycin-D.
Number of doses required: 1